The Northern Lights Brigid 1500 festival taking place here in Dundalk Co louth has us in the braiding vibe. Check out our creative teams work in our salon window The Hair Shop Dundalk. So we decided to give you some inspiration. Creating modern Celtic braided hairstyles involves incorporating traditional Celtic knot designs into contemporary braiding techniques. Celtic knots are intricate patterns with no beginning or end, symbolising eternity and interconnectedness. Here’s a step-by-step guide to achieving a modern Celtic braided hairstyle:
- Hair elastics or small hair ties
- Bobby pin
- Hair spray or styling gel
- You can find all of the above at www.tresseaporter.ie
1. Prepare Your Hair:
- Start with clean, dry hair. Brush your hair to remove any tangles and knots.
2. Section Your Hair:
- Divide your hair into sections. The number of sections will depend on your hair thickness and the complexity of the braided design.
3. Create Celtic Knots:
- Choose a section of hair and create a small Celtic knot by weaving the hair in an intricate pattern. You can find inspiration for Celtic knot designs online or create your own.
4. Incorporate Braids:
- Integrate traditional braids into your Celtic knots. For example, you can create a French braid leading into a Celtic knot or wrap a regular braid around a central Celtic knot.
5. Secure with Hair Ties:
- Use small hair elastics or ties to secure the ends of each braid and knot. Make sure they are tight enough to hold the style in place.
6. Repeat the Process:
- Continue creating Celtic knots and incorporating braids throughout your hair. Experiment with different patterns and combinations for a unique look.
7. Finish and Secure:
- Once you have braided and knotted all desired sections, secure the entire hairstyle with bobby pins as needed. Tuck in any loose ends for a polished finish.
8. Optional: Styling Products:
- If you want to enhance the longevity of your hairstyle, you can use hair spray or styling gel to set the braids and prevent flyaways.
9. Accessorize (Optional):
- Consider adding hair accessories such as decorative pins, beads, or ribbons to enhance the Celtic theme.
- Practice the Knots: Before attempting the final hairstyle, practice creating Celtic knots with a small section of hair to become familiar with the weaving technique.
- Experiment with Variations: Feel free to experiment with different braid and knot combinations to create a hairstyle that suits your taste.
- Work with Different Sections: Working with smaller sections of hair can make it easier to manage and create intricate designs.
Remember, the key is to have fun and get creative with the traditional Celtic knot motifs in your modern braided hairstyle.